Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Craft: DIY Framed "Key to Your Heart"

CRAFT: DIY Framed Key Photo
 
For this project you can choose any key that means something to you. The first home you bought your first car etc. I chose the 1st place my boyfriend & I lived in together. After 3.5 years of dating, I remember being so excited when we both decided to live together (well he asked me). I thought about it for awhile but said YES! This key means a lot to both of us. It symbolized new beginnings and a step forward in our relationship.
 
Craft supplies you will need are; a "key to your heart" if you will, picture frame, newspaper, paint, paint brush and a printed image (or you can choose to create your background image in another way).
 
First, I laid out some newspaper in a "craft area" and placed my key down and brushed some turquoise "sea foam" paint over the key. I let it dry for a few minutes then added a second coat.
 
While the key was drying, I looked at my framed and found out what size background was needed. You can trace over a background if you have an image or design already printed or you can paint or craft your own background image. I chose to print a photo of our first apartment together. I edited the size of the picture in the print size part of my print preview. It is very simple.
 
Finished product in about 15 minutes is a lovely framed key that is meaningful to you.  
 

Until I blog again, xoxo, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment