Thursday, November 1, 2012

Travel: Cannery Row in Monterey, CA

I can't believe it is already Nor 1st, 2012! I hope everyone had a happy halloween last night!

Did I tell you that I LOVE to travel??? Well I do. This past weekend my boyfriend Matt & I went to Monterey, CA for a friends wedding. We left Friday evening after work on a direct flight to the small Monterey Airport (MRY). We got a rental car quickly and were on our way to check in.
That night we headed out to Cannery Row Brewing Co.
 
 
After meeting friends and hanging out Matt & I headed to a bar with live music called Bullwackers. These are two great spots for a fun night out!
 
 
Saturday afternoon before the wedding Matt & I went on a bike ride along the coast. It was a gorgeous day out. We rented cruisers at Bay Bikes. We saw many animals, sea otters, squid, birds and a star fish in a birds mouth (pictured far right).

 
After the bike ride we went to Louie Linguini's for lunch with an ocean view. We both got yummy clam chowder and shrimp tacos to share.
 
The ceremony started at 3p.m. at The Monterey Plaza Hotel and the reception was after. We had a great time celebrating with college friends.
 
 
Sunday we decided to drive to Carmel, CA. We walked around the shops of Carmel Village.We went to watch the Chargers game at an American/Irish Pub. They ended up losing :( After that we took a drive to Big Sur, stopping at the beaches and to get a bite to eat and a drink. On the way back to Monterey we did the 17-mile drive through Pebble Beach. It was beautiful (& cost $10 toll). We saw wild deer roaming, beautiful beaches, the Lone Cypress Tree, The Ghost Tree, harbor seals, beautiful golf courses and large homes.


Monterey, Carmel and Big Sur are beautiful places to visit in California.
Until I blog again, XOXO, Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment