Thursday, October 31, 2013

Holiday: All Hallows' Eve

Happy Halloween!!

 

 
We have always loved Halloween. Apparently we love dressing up as cheerleaders & bunnies too, (see photos above). This blog is to share some of our favorite things to do on Halloween. Here are some fun ways to celebrate:
  Carve Pumpkins
This year I (Jenn) did something completely different a Princess J Pumpkin with drilled holes that light up. Using a drill to carve is so easy you just drill & wipe. Be sure to clean the drill after because it will get dirty from pumpkin pulp.


Visit a Haunted House
This year I (Connie) went to a haunted house. I went with a few friends last year and almost didn't go again this year because I was so scared to go back, but I did it! And I'm glad I did!


A friend invited me to go with her to a haunted house nearby: The Bradley's Haunted House in Sheridan. It's basically a family that puts it together in a old barn on their property. They do it every year on Oct. 30 & 31st only. The line was longer this year, but it's worth the wait. One of my favorite parts was where they had a bed set up with a scary clown coming out from underneath the bed and you had to climb over the bed to get to the other side!


They also had zombies in the outdoor part that would follow you around. The best part is that there is no charge to go in! They do accept donations and have a snack shack set up to buy hot chocolate, apple cider, water and treats. I def recommend going!

Take Your Children/Niece & Nephews Trick-or-Treating
We did this last year and we are taking the kids around this year again. Bonus for us we get to see all the cute little children dressed up & excited and of course, eat candy.

Pass Out Candy at Home
This is another great way to see a bunch of costumes. I always like to play scary music or watch a scary movie while passing out candy. Any Hocus Pocus lovers out there like us?

Visit a Pumpkin Patch
It's usually best to go to the pumpkin patch in the beginning of October before Halloween to get the best choice of pumpkins. This is a Cinderella pumpkin I picked up at the Pumpkin Patch. I liked it because it was in the shape of a heart. Can you see the heart?


I (Jenn) had a great day at the pumpkin patch with my boyfriends family (My San Diego family). We went through the corn maze, shot corn out of the corn cannon, saw a bunch of animals, enjoyed snow cones (it was a HOT day), and picked out the perfect pumpkins and holiday décor.


Until we blog again, A Haunting XoXo <3, Connie & Jenn

2 comments:

  1. You two are so adorable! I am loving your blog posts! All of them! Keep it up, ladies! PS: any product recommendations based on the birchbox?!

    ReplyDelete