Monday, October 22, 2012

Food & Party: Pumpkin Carving Party

Friday night (10/19/12) I went to a Pumpkin Carving party. My friend Jen & I went to the PB Pumpkin Patch before to pick up our pumpkins. I couldn't believe pumpkins are $12 now! Inflation? Even so, I found the perfect sized pumpkin.
 
 
At the party we ate, drank and carved pumpkins. It was a good time with friends. I brought an appetizer to the party. The recipe is below.
 
My pumpkin found a girlfriend at the party...
 
 
A little tip: Today I rubbed the inside of my pumpkin w/ petroleum jelly to keep mold and dehydration away. I don't want a moldy Jack. It's a good little trick. You can also spray the inside daily with a bleach and water mixture.
 
PUMPKIN FLUFF DIP
 
 
Ingredients:
1 (8 oz) container fat-free cool whip
1/2 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
1/2 (5oz) box of Jell-o fat - free vanilla pudding
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ginger
** for the spices you may add as much or little as you like**
 
 
Directions:
In a medium bowl mix together all ingredients. Chill in the fridge until ready to serve. This recipe is so easy to make. If you like pumpkin pie you will love this appetizer.
 
 
 
Until I blog again, Xoxo, Jenn

******
 
Connie also made this Pumpkin Dip to bring to a party. She served hers in a pumpkin with apples and Nilla wafers.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment