Thursday, October 11, 2012

Food: Homemade Peanut Butter Cups


It is a little rainy today in San Diego (which doesn’t happen too often). I was thinking of making something sweet while watching Sex and The City. When Carrie says, “I got to thinking about relationships and partial lobotomies. Two seemingly different ideas that might just be perfect together – like chocolate and peanut butter.” – Carrie from Sex and the City. It’s like she spoke to me. I can’t think of anything better than chocolate and peanut butter. So I came up with the idea to make peanut butter cups. After letting them freeze for an hour or so my boyfriend & I tried them. He says these are better than the store bought kinds and I agree. You can decide for yourself after you make them. Let’s get started!


Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

1 – 2 bags of white or dark chocolate chips
Peanut butter/Almond Butter (I like organic)
Powdered sugar (the amount is up to you)

You won’t need any crazy molds for this treat all you need is a mini cupcake tray with mini baking cups.

To start put mini muffin liners in a mini muffin tin (usually makes 24). If you want to make less peanut butter cups use less ingredients. I used a bag and ½ and about ¾ cup peanut butter and ¼ cup powdered sugar.

After your cupcake tray is lined, mix together peanut butter and powdered sugar. You may add more or less depending on how dough like and sweet you want your cups to be. Don’t be afraid to taste is while you cook!

Pour your chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and cook for about 1 min. after that stir the chocolate chips into a smooth chocolate mixture. I used white chocolate (my favorite).

Spoon the chocolate into the mini cupcake trays and spread around the cupcake liner. Make sure to get the sides if you want the peanut butter hidden in the middle. Once you filled your desired amount of cups place entire tray in the freezer.

While your chocolate is in the freezer get the peanut butter powdered sugar mix you set aside. Make peanut butter balls a little larger than a nickel. I rolled them out and set them aside on wax paper. Once complete take each ball and place into the chocolate baking cups. You may press down or shape as desired.

 

Repeat until all cups are filled with the peanut butter and powdered sugar mix.

Use your excess chocolate about ½ teaspoon for each cup to fill in the tops and seal your peanut butter cups.

Once complete place the tray in the freezer again for about 10 minutes. The chocolate should be hard. If so serve and enjoy! Store uneaten cups in the refrigerator.

 


I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please send me your comments.

Until I blog again, Xoxo, Jenn 

No comments:

Post a Comment